Baingan Bhaja is a popular Bengali dish and in Bengal it is served as side dish. I made this dish along with cucumber Dal and Rice.Ingredients:
Eggplant or Baigan: 2 (medium sized)
Red chilli powder:1 tsp
Salt: to taste
Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
Rice flour: 1tbs
Sooji (semolina):1 tbsp
Besan (Gram Flour): 1 tbsp
Mustard oil for frying
- Wash and pat dry the eggplant. Cut into thick discs.
- Now Put the sliced brinjals in salt water for 15- 20 minutes.
- In a another bowl add chilli powder, turmuric Powder,Rice Flour,sooji ,besan,salt. Mix well and keep it aside.
- Drain water and pat dry the Eggplant pieces with a paper towel.
- Take each slice of eggplant and coat it with the mixture we prepared. make sure you marinated slices evenly
- Heat Mustard oil in a shallow pan. Fry the brinjal slices on both sides it attains nice golden brown colour from both the sides.