PANCHMEL Dal is nothing but 5 Lentis Dal and goes with Chapatis , batis or even simple cooked rice
Toor Dal: 1/4 Cup
Moong Dal:1/4 Cup
Chana Dal:1/4 Cup
Split Urad Dal:1/4 Cup
Masoor Dal: 1/4 Cup
Tomatoes:1 (Medium finely Chopped)
Turmeric Powder: 1 tsp
Coriander Powder: 1 tsp
Cumin Powder: 1 tsp
Red Chilly Powder: 1 tsp
Garam Masala: 1/2 tsp
Salt: to taste
Ghee: 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds: 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds: 1/2 tsp
Split Green chilies: 1
Dry Red Chily:1
Ginger Garlic Paste: 1 tsp
Onion:1 (Large finely chopped)
Asofetida (hing): a pinch (optional)
Ghee : 2 tbsp
- Clean and was the dal and soak all the Dals for 15 minutes. Drain the water from soaked dals
- Take a Pressure cooker add dals and 3 cups of water..
- To this add turmeric Powder,Red Chilly Powder,coriander Powder,cumin Powder,Salt and 1 tsp of Ghee.
- Cover the Lid of the cooker and allow it to cook for 15-20 minutes.(After 2 whistle reduce the flame of the gas stove and allow it to cook it for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard Seeds,Cumin Seeds.
- When the seed began to sizzle add onions, split green chilies ,red chilies and ginger garlic paste and saute it for a minute.
- Add Cooked Dal and salt to taste. If the Dal is thick adjust it with 1/2 cup of water.
- Mix all the ingredients and cover the pan with a lid and cook on a medium heat for 5-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle coriander Leaves over the top of the Dal.
- Serve hot with Chapati,Jeera Rice or even with Rajasthani Baati.