This carrot cake I prepare for my niece who has just completed her 1 Year. She likes the cake very much.
Maida (Flour): 2 cups
Powdered Sugar: 1&1/2 cup
Baking Powder: 1/2 tp
Carrtot: 6-8 (peeled & grated)
Baking Soda: 1/2 tsp
Nutmeg Powder: 1 tsp
Cinammon Powder: 1tsp
Cloves Powder: 1/4 tsp
Mixed Dry Fruits:1/2 cup((Raisins,Cashewnuts,Badam,pistachio)
Curd: 1/2 cup
Butter: 1/4 cup(kept at room tempeature)
Refined oil: 1/4 cup
- Sieve together Maida,Baking Powder and Baking soda at least 3-4 times. Keep it aside.
- Beat together butter,refined and Powdered sugar till it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Add nutmeg powder, cloves powder and cinammon powder.Mix well.
- Add curd into this mixture and beat the mixture for about 5 minutes.
- Slowly add maida mixture to the above. Mix all the ingredients well,stirring in one direction only.
- Add grated Carrots, finely chopped fry fruits & mix it well.
- Beat well and stir in one direction only.
- Grease a cake mould with refined and maida.
- Transfer the cake batter into the greased cake mould.
- Heat pressure cooker for 5 minutes.
- Put the Cake mould into it.
- Cover the pressure cooker with the lid after removing whistle and rubber.
- Put the cooker on a low flame and let the cake by itself for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cut them into pieces and serve hot or cold according to your choice