Wheat Flour: 2 Cups
Ghee: 1 Cup
Asofetdia: a pinch (Hing)
Saunf: 1/2 tsp
Salt: to taste
Baking Powder: 1/4 tsp
Cumin Seeds: 1/2 tsp
Oil: for deep Frying batis
For DalArhar dal: 1/2 cup
Chana dal:1/2 cup
Moong Dal: 1 cup
Onions, chopped finely : 1cup
Tomatoes, chopped finely : 3/4th cup
Ginger-garlic paste : 1 tsp
Garam Masala powder : 2 tsp
Red Chilly powder : 2 tsp
Turmeric powder : 1 tsp
Green chilies, finally chopped: 2 tsp
Coriander leaves, chopped finely : ½ cup
Ghee : 4 tsp · Oil
Salt to taste
Take wheat flour in a thali.
Add 1/2 cup Ghee, salt, Cumin seeds, hing,baking Powder and saunf. Mix it well and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
Make tight dough by water.Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth.
Divide the dough into equal small portion.
Take one portion on your palm and add a drop of ghee in the center and turn it to a ball.
Make the all other balls in simiar way and keep it aside.
Boil water in a large vessel or cooker. Add salt and Oil. When water stars boiling add all the batis
Steam the baatias for 15-20 minutes.
Remove the batis from the cooker and allow it to cool down.
Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry these Baatis in oil till they became golden brown.
Serve hot with dal
Method For Dal
- Soak the three dal for 2 hours seperately.
- Take dal in pressure cooker; add water, turmeric powder and salt.
- Pressures cook the dal till it becomes soft.
- In a blender take tomato, green chilies, ginger and blend it to a fine puree.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil. Add Jeera, onions. Brown them.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and tomatoes puree.
- Fry and add all the masalas, beans salt. Simmer till well blended. The gravy should be thick.
- Add cooked dal and mix it well and allow it to simmer for few more minutes.
- Your dal is ready.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Dip hot fried baatis in the dal while eating.
- Pur melted ghee over the dal and batis