- Mix semolina, rice flour, Maida. Sodium bi- carbonate and salt in a vessel. Add buttermilk to the above and make a batter of medium consistency
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, when it splutters add asafoetida, crushed black pepper, onions, green chillies, Curry Leaves, ginger and a pinch of salt.
- Saute it for 2 minutes till the onion turns transparent. Add this to the batter.
- Leave the batter aside for at least 1 hour.
- Grease a non-stick tawa with oil. Pour a large spoon of batter over it. Spread the batter by swirling the griddle. (just like you do for the dosa)
- Pour 1 tbsp of oil on and around it.
- When it becomes golden brown turn it over. And cook for 2 minutes from another side.Your chilla is ready. Serve it with potato Curry or any chutney
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Monday, July 13, 2009
PINEAPPLE CHEESE SANDWICH
Bread Slices: 2 (you can take White or Brown Bread according to your taste)
Butter: 2 tsp ( butter shoild be kept at room tempeature )
Pineapple Slice (tinned):1 small
Processed Cheese: 1 tbsp
Salt: to taste
Black pepper: 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon Powder: a pinch
- Chop the pineapple slice finely
- Grate cheese and mix it with butter in a bowl
- Add salt and pepper to it and mix it once again.
- Spread this butter-cheese paste on a bread slice
- Arrange chopped pineapple over this.
- Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon powder and placed the second slice over this.Press lightly
- Trim the edges neatly and cut the sandwiches into squares, triangles or any other shape which you like.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Boiled Baby Potaoes: 200 gms
Capsicum: 2 ( cut into 1/2" pieces)
Onions: 1 (diced)
Tomato Puree: 1/2 cup
Garlic-ginger-onion-green chillies paste: 2 tsp
Tomato Sauce: 3 tsp
Soya Sauce: 1 tsp
Chilly Sauce: 1/2 tsp
Vinegar: 1/2 tsp
Black pepper: 1 tsp
Salt : to taste
Oil: for cooking and deep frying
White Flour (Maida): 4 tsp
Water: 4 tsp
Red Chilly Powder: 1/2 tsp
Salt: to tasteMETHOD:
- In a bowl take mix all the ingredients of batter. Mix well and adjust cosiistency just enough to coat potatoes.
- Peel boiled potatoes and dip each portion in batter.Deep fry the potatoes till golden brown.
- In a non-stick pan heat 3 tsp of oil.Saute garlic-ginger-onion paste on low flame.
- Add tomatoes puree, tomato ketchup,chilly sauce, vinegar,salt pepper and soya sauce.Add diced onions,capsicum and saute it for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Add fried potatoes.Mix well. Allow it to cook for anothe two minutes.
- Transfer it to a bowl.Serve hot with tea or coffee.
Wednesday, July 08, 2009
Yellow corn kernels: 1 cup (If frozen corn is used, microwave it for 5mins.)
Boiled and mashed potatoes: 1 cup
Bread slices: 1
finely chopped onion: ½ cup
Garlic- ginger paste: ½ tsp
finely chopped green chillies: 1 tsp
Amchoor powder: ½ tsp
Chat Masala: ½ tsp
Green chillies sauce: ½ tsp
Red Chillies Powder: 1 tsp
Besan: 3-4 tsp
Roasted cumin powder: ½ tsp
Oil for frying
Bread crumbs or Sooji: 1 cup
- Boil corn in a sufficient amount of water till done. Keep some corn aside and coarsely grind the remaining corn
- Take the grinded corns into a bowl, add mashed potatoes, corn, onions, green chillies , bread soaked in water and then squeezed to remove water, red chillies powder, roasted cumin powder, amchoor powder, ginger-garlic paste, Besan, chat masala, salt, chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Make cylindrical shape balls (or any shape you desire) of this mixture and slightly press to give the patties shape.
- Roll these into rava/Sooji or bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry these till golden brown
- Serve hot with sweet/spicy chutney or ketchup.
Preparation time: 20-25 mins
Tuesday, July 07, 2009
- Soak corn and white gram overnight or for about 5-6 hours
- Boil and Drain the water.
- Heat oil in a pan.Add corn, white gram and sauté well for 5 minutes stirring continuously. Keep aside once done.
- Beat curd and sugar together till sugar dissolves. Keep it aside
- In a bowl mix together boiled corns, kabuli chana, chopped onion, tomato, grated carrot and potato.
- Add red chilli powder, chat masala , and salt to taste , sweet chutney and green chutney.Mix well
- Sprinkle lime juice mix all the ingredients well
- Then add curd and mix well
- Serve in bowls and garnish with chopped coriander and sev.
Sunday, July 05, 2009
- Peel, wash carrot and potato and cut them into half inch sized.
- Cut beans,cauliflower also into half inch size.
- Boil carrot, potatoes,caufliower in sufficient amount of water till half cooked.
- Now add french beans and green peas and boil for another 3-5 minutes.Drain and refresh in cold water. Drain again and keep aside
- Make a paste out of onions,ginger nad garlic.
- Grate dry cocunut.
- Grind all the ingredients of kolhapuri masala into a fine powder
- Heat oil in a kadhai.Add grated dry cocount,cloves,peppercorns,poppy seeds,coriander seed and whole red chillies. Now add two table spoon of finely chopped onions and cook till it becomes slightly brown in color.Cool and grind into a smooth paste using water. Keep aside.
- Add remainig oil in a kadhai.Add the grinded onion and ginger garlic paste and saute till brown. Add red chilly powder,turmeric powder, masala paste and mix well.Fry till oil seperates from behind.
- Add half a cup of water and cook for two more minutes
- Add boiled vegetables,salt and simmer it for 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle kolhapuru Garam Masala Powder.Mix well
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with phulkas
- Boil the potatoes, peel and smash them
- Mix all the other ingredients for the Kofta into a paste.
- Make rounds of the potato and paneer dough stuffed rounds.
- Deep fry each Kofta till golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
- Your kofta is ready
- Boil the onions and grind them into a smooth paste
- Blanch the tomatoes and make a puree out of it.
- Mix milk powder into lukewarm water and keep aside.
- Hear oil in a kadhai add onion paste and ginger garlic paste and fry till the onions turns its colors to brown in colors
- Add Cashewnut paste and mix well. Fry till oil start separating from behind.
- Add the pureed tomatoes and the masala powders.
- Add the sugar .Mix well.
- Add milk powder dissolved in water and mix well.
- The gravy will begin to thicken.
- Mix in some water if necessary.
- When the gravy comes to a boil, simmer it for another 5 minutes on medium heat
- To serve place warm kofta in a casserole and pour boiling hot gravy on the kofta.
- Garnish with grated cheese and chopped coriander.
- Serve hot with naan or Paratha.