Carrot: 1 medium sized
Potato: 1 medium size
Cauliflower: 6-8 flores
French Beans: 5-6
Green peas: 1/2 cup
Onions: 2 large sized
Onions: 1 small sized(finely chopped)
Ginger: 1/2 inch
Garlic: 5-6 cloves
Tomatoes: 2 large sized (finely chopped)
Dry coconut: 1/2
Oil: 4 tbsp
Poppy seed: 1tsp
Coriander seeds: 1 tsp
Red Chillies whole: 3
Red Chillies Powder: 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder: 1 tsp
Salt : to taste
For Kolhapuri Garam Masala:
Saunf: 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon: 1 inch
Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Peel, wash carrot and potato and cut them into half inch sized.
- Cut beans,cauliflower also into half inch size.
- Boil carrot, potatoes,caufliower in sufficient amount of water till half cooked.
- Now add french beans and green peas and boil for another 3-5 minutes.Drain and refresh in cold water. Drain again and keep aside
- Make a paste out of onions,ginger nad garlic.
- Grate dry cocunut.
- Grind all the ingredients of kolhapuri masala into a fine powder
- Heat oil in a kadhai.Add grated dry cocount,cloves,peppercorns,poppy seeds,coriander seed and whole red chillies. Now add two table spoon of finely chopped onions and cook till it becomes slightly brown in color.Cool and grind into a smooth paste using water. Keep aside.
- Add remainig oil in a kadhai.Add the grinded onion and ginger garlic paste and saute till brown. Add red chilly powder,turmeric powder, masala paste and mix well.Fry till oil seperates from behind.
- Add half a cup of water and cook for two more minutes
- Add boiled vegetables,salt and simmer it for 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle kolhapuru Garam Masala Powder.Mix well
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with phulkas