This pea curry or NIMONA is fondly eaten in UP in the winter season. I have learnt this recipe from my bhabhi who recently visited me in Bangalore. In UP people call it NimonaThis is a favorite recipe of my family members and the best taste comes in winters when farm fresh peas are availableThis one turns out a spicy recipe and goes well with rice or chapatti a/c to ones preference. I like it to have ith with rice
Fresh Green Peas: 2 Cups
Potato: 1 (Cut into cubes)
Cauliflower: 1 cup (cut into Flores)
Garlic: 8 Cloves
Green chilies: 31
Onion: 3 (Grind them into a paste)
Coriander Leaves: 1 cup (finely chopped)
Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder: 1tsp
Cumin Powder: 2 tsp
Coriander Powder:2 tsp
Red chilly Powder:1 tsp
Salt: to taste
Oil: for cooking
Oil: for deep frying Potato and cauliflower
How to Proceed
• Take the Peas and coarsely grind them in a grinder without water.
NOTE: Make sure that some of the peas are left whole. Keep the mixture aside.
• Make the paste of coriander leaves with little water and keep it aside.
• Make a paste of ginger, garlic and green chilies and keep it aside.
• Deep Fry Potato and cauliflower and keep it aside.
• In a small bowl add all the dry masala and little water to make it a smooth paste and keep it aside.
• Heat oil in a kadhai,put cumin seeds and bay Leaves and add ground peas paste.
• Fry this on a low heat for 8-10 minutes.
• When oil starts separating from beside add ginger Garlic green chilies paste, coriander leaves paste, onion paste, and salt and mix it well.
• Cook the mixture again for approx 5 minutes
• Add little water approx half cup.
• When the masala are done add all the dry masala paste and 1/ cup of water.
• When the masala are well done add 3 cups of water and mix well and bring it to boil.
• Once its start boiling simmer it and allow it simmer on low flame for 5-8 minutes.
• Adjust salt at this stage if required.
• Now add fried potatoes and caufliower and mix well and let it simmer on low heat for another 2 minutes.
• Take out it in a serving bowl and serve it with rice or chapati