Hare Chane ki Kari With Methi Muthiya
There is a very interesting srory behind my making of this dish. My Hubby loves watching Serial "Kuch tho Log Kahenge". In one of the Episode i saw Dr. Ashotoush ordering this dish in a Restaurant. The name i found as unusal so due to curosity i decided to find out what is this. So I just google it and found this dish in Tarla Dalal website. I made certain changes and prepare my Version of "Hare Chane ki Kari with Methi Muthiya". This dish was unique and found it tasty as me an d my hubby both likes it.
Hope you will also like it.
Ingredients for Hare Chane ki kadri:
Whole Grren Gram:1 cup
Cocunut Milk Powder: 3 tbsp
Onion:1 (Medium ,chopped)
Turmeric Powder: a pinch
Garam Masala:1/2 tsp
MDH curry Powder:1/2 tsp
Salt: to taste
To Be Ground into Paste:
Chopped Coriander:2/3 cup
Limca: 2 tbsp (you can use Lemon juice as i was not having lemoan juice so i have used this)
Fot Methi Muthias:
Choppeed Methi: 1/1/2 cup
Whear Flour: 1cups
Asofetida: a pinch
Turmeric Powder:1/2 tsp
coriander Powder:1/2 tsp
cumin Powder:1/2 tsp
Red Chilly Powder:1/2 tsp
Bking Powder: a pinch
Cooking Soda: a pinch
Hot Oil: 2 tsp
Water: as required
Oil: for Deep Fryong
- Soak the Whole Green Gram in enough water for about 4-5 hours.
- Boil the Whole Green moong . For boiling the chana, add a pinch of soda bi-carb and salt.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion for 1 minute. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for 3 minutes,
- Now add Garam Masala,turmeric Powder,curry Powder and 2 tbsp of oil and fry till oil seperates from behind.
- Add the Whole green Moong. Mix well and fry it for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the paste and fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add salt and add to the chana mixture.
- Take Cocounut Milk Powder in a cup and add 2 cups of warm water and mix it well and add it to the chana mixture.
- Simmer the heat and let them to boil and cook another 5 minutes.
- Switch of the flame and your kadi is ready.
- Take chopped fresh fenugreek leaves in a vessel. Add salt and lemon juice to it. Set it aside for 10 minutes till the leaves are moist
- Then add all flours, spices, and all the ingredients except water and oil. Mix it well
- Then add oil and again mix it
- Now add water as required .Knead the mixture into a hard dough
- Make small balls (pedha size) of the mixture
- Roll each of ball on your palm to give it an oval shape
- Simultaneously heat oil in a deep pan. Fry Muthiyas in oil over low flame till it turns golden brown in colour
- Drain it on absorbent paper and serve it with kadi you just prepared
- Store it in an air-tight container remaining muthiya.