PAV BHAJIPav Bhaji is a fast food dish native to Maharashtrians and is popular in most metropolitan areas in India, particularly in the Maharashtrians city of Mumbai & Pune Pav in Marathi means bread. Bhaji is a term for a curry and vegetable dish. As I think every next person loves pav bhaji, and so there's no reason why one shouldn't try it at home, that customised to suit our tastes!
Butter: to shallow fry
Onions:2 (finely chopped)
Green chillies: 2(finely chopped)
Ginger-garlic paste: 1 tsp
Capsicum: 2 (chopped fine)
Cabbage: ½ cup (chopped finely)
Tomatoes: 2 (Chopped finely)
Chopped mixed vegetables (beans, carrots, cauliflower, potato, beans, bottle gourds, etc.) : 3 cups
Frozen peas: ½ cup (u can also use fresh peas if u have)
Paneer: ½ cup ( cut into small cubes)
Butter: 4 tsp
Pavbhaji masala: 4 tsp
Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
Black pepper: 1 tsp
Turmeric powder: ½ tsp
Sugar: ½ tsp
Lemon juice: 5-6 tsp
Salt to taste
1 cup water (in which vegetables were boiled) or simple water
Paneer: 5-6 tbsp (grated)
Coriander leaves(chopped): 2 tbsp
A dash of butter
Small Piece of Lemon
- Pressure cook mix vegetables(except, peas, cabbage tomatoes, and Capsicum).Mash the boiled vegetables coarsely after draining.Keep the water aside.
- Heat butter in a pan.Add ginger-garlic paste & onions and saute it for 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage nad capsicum and mix well.Fry for 2-3 minutes till soft.
- Add tomatoes and saute it for another 1 minutes.
- Add paneer cubes and sauté it for 1 minute so that all the masalas are well coated over the vegetables.
- Add pav bhaji masala, turmeric poder,black pepper powder,Red chilly Powder,Salt,sugar & fry for another 2 minutes.So that the all the masalas are covered into the vegetables.
- Add the water. Mix well and allow the water to boil.
- Simmer the gravy on medium heat till the gravy thicken and mashing vegetable in between.
- Add lemon juice and stir
- Garnish with chopped coriander, grated paneer and a block of butter
- Slit the pavs horizontally into two pieces
- Add butter over the pavs as desired
- Heat a non stick tava or a normal griddle and roast the pavs on to the tava till hot & soft with the surface crisp on both sides.
- Serve hot with bhaji, lemon juiece and onion