Matar Paratha/Green Peas Paratha
Winter comes and it brings the seasons of green peas with it.Matar or green peas is one of my favouriate vegetable. We can do so many things with Matar. I really liked the matar Paratha. Like any another paratha it can be served with Raita,chutneys, Simple curd or even pickles. I have learnt this recipe from my mom. Sometimes my mom used to add Jaggery in it but i love to make it simple without any sweetness.
Hope you all will like it
Green peas: 2 cups
Asafetida Powder:1/4 tsp
Red chili Powder :1/4 tsp
Coriander powder:1/4 tsp
Amchoor powder:1/4 tsp
Green chiliy:2(chopped finely)
Ginger:1/2 inch, (Chopped finely)
Onion:1/2 cup (chopped finely)
Coriander leaves: 1/2 cup (chopped finely)
Salt to taste
Whole wheat flour: 2 cups
Refined Oil / Ghee: 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
water to knead the dough
- Boil the peas in bpiling water and cook till tender. allow it to cool
- Now grind it to make a paste in a mixer
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Toss in the ginger and green chillies
- now add the asafetida. Shallow fry it to one minute.
- Add Green peas and fry for another 2-3 minutes
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir fry for about 2 mins
- Remove fom heat.Allow it to cool before making the parathas. Keep aside
To make the dough
- Mix wheat flour, oil and salt.
- Mix and rub the flour to get oil and salt well mixed.
- Then add water little by little, knead and make a stiff dough.
- Rest the dough for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Again knead the dough to get a soft workable dough.
To roll out the paratha
- Make small balls of the dough.
- Take one dough ball and roll it out with a rolling pin.
- Take a small amount of filling and place in the center of the rolled out dough
- Wrap the dough around the filling ball and close
- Dust some flour and then lightly flatten the dough with hand.
- Heat griddle (tawa) and place paratha on it.
- Turn to roast other side.
- Now put a little ghee on both sides and shallow fry till crisp. serve hot with any desired accompaniment.