For the Tikki or Cutlet:
Rajma (Kidney Beans):1 Cup
Potatoes: 2 (Boiled ,peeled and mashed)
Poppy seeds: 2 tbsp ( Dry roast them for 2 minutes & Keep aside)
Green Cardamons:2 nos
Black Cardamons:1 nos
Ginger-Garlic: Green chilies paste:1/2 tsp
Clove: 2 nos
Cumin seeds:1/2 tsp
Spinach Paste: 1 tbsp (blanched & grind into a blender)
Green Peas Paste: 1 tbsp (boiled and mashed)
Onion: 1 (small. finely chopped)
For assembling the Chat
Curd: 1 cup
Sugar: 1 tbsp
Onion: 1 (finely chopped)
Sweet Tamarind Chutney: 3-4 tbsp
Green Chutney: 4 tbsp
Method to Prepare Tikki
- Wash & soak Rajma in sufficient amount of water for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Pressure cook Rajma in same water with salt for 20-25 minutes. Strain the Rajam from water . Keep the Rajma aside & allow it to cool down completely.
- Mash the Rajma well so that no lumps are there. Now add boiled & Mashed potatoes mixture in the Rajma and mix well.
- Dry roast all the spices and once they are cool down grind them along with Poppy seeds into a fine Powder.
- Add ginger garlic paste, spinach paste,green peas paste and the dry powder mixture in the Rajma and potatoes mixture and mix them well.
- Heat oil in a pan,add finely chopped onions & saute the onion in a medium flame till them turn translucent.
- Now add Rajma and Potatoes mixture and salt & cook on a medium flame for about 4-5 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Allow the mixture to get completely cool.
- Add Sooji to the mixture and divide the Dough into equal Portion.
- Flatten the each ball from top and keep them aside.
- Heat a griddle or Tava & fry all these tikkis til they attain golden brown color. Take all the tikkis out in a plate and flatten them & shallow fry them again onto a Tava or Griddle to give Tikkis a crisp crust.
- Your kabab or tkkis is ready. You can serve yours tikkis as a kabab after this Step,
- Mix sugar in a curd and beat the curd till sugar fully dissolves.
- Arrange the tikkis onto a plate .
- Pour green & sweet chutney on the top of the Tikkis.
- Add finely chopped onions over it
- Add Curd on the top of the tikkis at last.
- Serve hot.