RAJ KACHORI CHAAT
This is the most famous street Food in Rajasthan. This stomach filling and delicious chaat. These are big sized crisp Puris and are filled with number of Stuffing and Chutneys. I thought of preparing this as our Sunday Evening Snack. I still remember when i had this chaat years back. It was my eldest sister engagement Ceremony and my sister friends and Aunties have prepared for breakfast as the engagement Ceremony was at my Sweet home. During that time i was small studying in class 8 and after that I had this several time. But the when i had this for the first time i didn't like that much because it was too heavy. But I have never tried anywhere thinking its very difficult and lengthy process to prepare this. Suddenly once i was suffering the Net and came across this delicious Chat. I have read the recipes contributed by "Show me the Curry","Sanjeev Kapoor","Tarla Dalal","Mharo Rajasthan Recipes" and thought its not very difficult and thus made my own version for this spicy chaat bowl filled with delicious condiments which has refreshing flavors and makes for a unique food experience.
For the Kachori Dough:
Semolina/Sooji: 1 Cup
Refined Flour/Maida: 5 tbsp
Salt:1/2 tsp (or to taste)
Warm Water: for kneading the dough
Oil:for deep frying: (1 tbsp for applying in dough)
For Filling the Chaat:
Potatoes:2 (Boiled,Peeled and cut into cubes)
Moong Sprouts: 1/2 Cup (Boil them in a open pan for 5 minutes)
Chickpeas (Kabuli Chana): 1/2 Cup (Soaked overnight and boiled)
Dahi Vada: 2 (slightly mashed)
Whipped Yoghrut:1/2 Cup
Sweet Chutney: to taste
Coriander or Green Chutney: to taste
Sev: 3-4 tbsp (Any sev of your choice)
Red Chilly Powder: 1 tsp
Roasted Cumin Powder: 1 tsp
Chaat Masala:1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves: for garnishing
Black Salt: 1/2 tsp
Green chilies/2 tsp (finely chopped)
Onion : 1/2 cup (optional,finely chopped)
Papadi:2-3 (Soaked in curd with 1 tsp of Sugar)
How to Procedure
- For the kachoris, mix all the ingredients with warm water except oil and make a stiff and hard dough. Apply 1 tbsp of oil on the top of dough and kept is covered for an hour time.
- After an hour time roll them into small pooris of 4-5 inches diameter and deep fry them in hot oil on medium flame till well and the kachoris are crisp and golden brown in color from both sides.
- Ensure that these kachoris are not soft,if they are fry them once again. Allow them to cool down.
- Take one kachoris in a serving plate and make a big hole in the center and fill the Kachori with cubed potatoes, kabuli chana,sprourted moong,mashed Dahi Vada Sprinkle roasted cumin powder,red chilly powder, black salt,onion,tamarind chutney,coriander chutney,curd,sev and coriander leaves.
- Serve immediately before it becomes soggy.
NOTE: I have sorted kabuli chana and moong sprouts in 1 tbsp of oil but it is optional. You can do without this also.