Potatoes in Spinach Gravy
Spinach - 2 cups (leaves only)
Potatoes: 4 (Peeled,cubed and deep fried)
Note: You can also use half boiled Potatoes
Onion - 1 Large finely chopped & 1 Small (for grinding)
Tomatoes - 1 medium
Garlic - 3 cloves
Green chilly - 2
Cumin seeds - 1 1/2 tsp
Turmeric - a pinch
Red chilly powder - to taste
Garam Masala: 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder:1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder: 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Discard the stalks of the spinach, retaining only the leaves.
- Clean the leaves by washing them under running water.
- Grind the the tomatoes,Kismis,almonds, one small onion to a fine paste.Keep aside
- Then, add half a cup of water and blanch the spinach in the microwave - this should take about 3-5 mins, and this depend on the power of your microwave. Set aside to cool. For me it took about 4 mins.
- Once it cools down blend the spinach to a smooth puree. Keep aside.
- Next, in microwave proof bowl, add oil and heat it for 30 seconds. Add cumin seeds and garlic and microwave for a 30 seconds
- Then add the chopped onions and green chilli and microwave for 2 mins, stirring once in between.
- Now add grinded paste,mix well and microwave it for 4-5 minutes, stirring twice in between.
- Add the dry Masala,salt,sugar and the seasoning, microwave for another 3 mins.
- Add grinded spinach, fried potatoes and mix well.
- Cover and microwave for another 6 minutes,stirring twice in between and serve hot with jeera rice/rotis.