Kadai paneer is the easiest paneer recipe that I make. It can be used as a as side dish for roti, but it will also goes well with simple pulaos or Biryani too. The coriander seeds and capsicum are the highlights of this recipe. Kadai Paneer is nothing but a simply, mild spicy & flavorful side dish using Paneer, Tomato & Capsicum. I usually order Kadai Panner while we go out for dinner or Lunch but have never tried at home. So recently tried this at home and my hubby loved it a lot.
· Paneer: 400gm (cut into cubes)
· Onion: 2 medium (Sliced)
· Tomato 4 Medium, (finely chopped)
· Capsicum/Bell pepper 1 medium (diced)
· Ginger 1&1/2 " piece (crushed)
· Garlic 4 fat cloves (crushed)
· Garam Masala Powder 1 tsp or less
· Salt to taste
· Sugar: a pinch
· Coriander Leaves: few finely chopped
To Dry Roast & Grind
· Coriander Seed: 3 tbsp
· Dry Red chilly 5 no
- Heat a pan, dry roast red chilly n coriander seeds for a minute in medium heat then coarsely grind them in blender
- Heat oil in a kadai, when its heated add crushed ginger and garlic and stir fry till raw smell leaves.
- Now add finely chopped onions and sauté until it turns golden brown.
- Then add finely chopped tomatoes, sprinkle little salt & sugar and sauté until the tomatoes turn soft n mushy.
- Now add the ground chilly-coriander mixture, Garam Masala powder and stir fry for a minute.
- And then add capsicum and stir fry for a minute.
- After that add paneer cubes, salt and gently combine everything and stir fry for a minute
- Lastly add finely chopped cilantro & switch off the stove.
- Your delicious & Flavourful Kadai Paneer ready. Serve hot with rotis