GAJAR KA HALWA
Red Carrot: 1 Kg (peeled and cut into 2 pieces)
Milk: 2 cups
Khoya: 250 gms
Ghee: 10 tsp
Sugar: 2 cups
Almonds: 10 (blanched & sliced)
Cardamon Powder Powder: 1tsp
Raisin 2 tsp
- Put carrots and milk into cooker.
- Cover the lid.Bring the cooker to full pressure on high flame.When the cooker gives 1 whistle. reduce the heat and cook it for another 15-20 minutes on slow flame.
- Allow the cooker to cool down by itself.
- Open the lid & with the help of masher, mash the carrots.
- Put the cooker again on slow flame add sugar. Mix it well.
- Cook till the milk & other liquid dries up. (It will take approx 15-20 minues),stirring occasionally.
- Add khoya and ghee. Cook till Ghee shows seperately (approx 10 minutes.),stirring constantly.
- Add the slightly cardamom powder and the raisins. Mix well.
- Remove the Gajar halwa from heat and arrange in a serving dish.
- Garnish with Almonds.Serve hot or cold according to your choice.