Bread poha is a quick snack or breakfast recipes which can be easily prepared at home. I was bored enough to same Sandwiches, Bread butter or Bread jam for a weekdays Breakfast. So today i decided to prepare poha i.e bread poha for the breakfast for a change. And this takes me to my school days, when one of my friend use to get bread poha for her Lunch and it used to be so delicious that we used to grab all her bread poha and she hardly gets to eat the stuff. So remembering my school days i started preparing Bread Poha for the Breakfast.
Bread Slices: 4-5
Boiled Potatoes : 1 (Peeled & cubed)
Onion: 1 (finely chopped)
Groundnuts: 3-4 tbsp (fried in little oil)
Green chillies: 1 (finely chopped)
Tomatoes: 1 (finely chopped)
Boiled Sprouts: 1/2 cup (I was having left over beans sprouts in the refigerator, so thought of using in the Poha in order to make poha more healthy).
Grated Ginger: 1/4
Cumin Seeds: 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder: a pinch
Mustard Seeds: 1/2 tsp
Cooking oil: 2 tbsp
Red chilly Powder: 1/4 tsp
Lemon juice: 1/2 tsp
Salt: to taste
Note: I have used Brown Bread but you can also use white Bread for making the Poha.
- Chop or tear the bread slices into small pieces, sprinkle water on the top and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard and cumin seeds in the pan and when both stars splutter, add green chillies and finely chopped onion and saute for a minute.
- When onion softens add chopped potatoes,add mix well.
- Add chopped tomatoes, beans sprouts, salt, turmeric Powder, red chilly powder and mix well.
- Add chopped bread pieces and mix well.
- Add fried ground nuts, lemon juice, mix gently and serve hot "BREAD POHA" along with Tea.