Paneer: 400 grams
Green chillies 3
Onions 2 (large )
Ginger-Garlic Patse: 1 tbsp
Black Pepper Powder :1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Cornflour: 1/2 cup
Oil 2 tablespoons + to deep fry
Bay leaf 1
Cinnamon 1 inch stick
Green cardamoms 4-5
Black peppercorns 6-8
Milk Powder: 2 tbsp
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
Tomato: 1 (Large)
Sugar 1 tablespoon
Fresh cream 1/2 cup
- Mash one-fourth quantity of paneer and cut the rest into one and a half inch sized squares with half a centimetre thickness.
- Peel, wash and cut onions into quarters. Boil in half a cup of water. Drain excess water and grind to a fine paste.
- Grind the tomatoes to a fine puree.
- Soak half the cashewnuts and almonds in half a cup of warm water for fifteen minutes. Drain and grind to a paste.
- Mix milk Powder in 1/2 cup of warm Water and keep it aside
- Chop the remaining cashewnuts. Wash, pat dry and chop raisins.
- Mix mashed paneer with chopped cashewnuts, raisins, chopped ginger, Black pepper powder and season with salt.
- Keep two tbsp of this mixture aside to add into the gravy.
- Mix well and stuff this mixture between two slices of paneer.
- Prepare a thick batter of cornstarch, salt and water.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai, dip stuffed paneer pieces in the batter and deep fry till crisp and golden.
- Drain onto an absorbent paper.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in another kadai. Add bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon, green cardamoms and peppercorns.
- Add boiled onion paste. Cook for two minutes.
- Add chopped green chillies, ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Cook for a minute.
- Add tomato puree and bring to a boil.
- Add cashewnut paste dissolved in a little water. Cook for five minutes stirring continuously.
- Add salt and milk Powder dissolved in warm water. Bring it to boil.
- Add the stuffing mixture.
- Add one cup of water and sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Add fried paneer pieces and fresh cream and mix.
- Garnish with Fresh Cream and Coriander Leaves.
- Serve with Phulkas