- Heat oil in a kadhai
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, Hing.
- Now add chopped onion. Once the onion start changing color add sugar and mix well.
- Now add ginger paste, garlic paste, chillies paste and onion paste.
- When the onion turns a little brown and oil starts separating, add chopped tomatoes.
- Now add Garam masala powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilly Powder and salt to taste
- Add 1 cup of water and cook with lid covered for 10 mins
- Add Sev just before serving, or else it will become soggy and mix it properly.
- In Gujarat this curry is served with Thepala or rotis.
Thursday, May 07, 2009
Sev Tametanu Shak
Hello Friend: This is a Gujarati dish which is quick and easy to make and yet tasty. This curry made with tomatoes and onions. Shaak means sabzi /curry in Gujarati Ingredients: Ripe tomatoes:3-4 Sev: 1 cup Onion: 1(finely chopped) Boiled onion paste: ½ cup Cumin seeds: ½ tsp Ginger paste: 1tsp Garlic paste: 1 tsp Chilly Paste: 1 tsp. Mustard seed:1/2 tsp Garam Masala: 1tsp Jeera Powder: ½ tsp Red Chilly Powder: 1 tsp Coriander Powder: 1tsp Asfotedia: a pinch Green chilly:1 Sugar: 1tsp (optiomal) Salt to taste Water METHOD: