Boiled and Mashed Potatoes: 3
Corn Flour: 3 tsp
Chana Dal: 1/2 cup
Salt: to taste
Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tsp
Red Chilly Powder: 1/2 tea spoon
Black Pepper Powder: 1/2 tea spoon
Chat Masala: 1/4 tea spoon
Amoohar Powder: 1/4 tea spoon
Black Salt: a pinch
Garam Masala: 1/2 tea spoon
Coriander Leaves: 2-3 tea spoon
Onion: 1 (Small finely chopped)
Coriander Leaves: 1-2 tea spoon
Sweet Chutney: 1 tea spoon
Green Chutney: 1 tea spoon
Green Chillies: 1-2 (finely Chopped)
- Soak the chana dal for atleast 4-5 hour or overnight.
- Boil the chana Dal with Turmeric Powder, salt in a bowl ftill the chana Dal becomes soft.
- Heat oil in a frying pan add cooked chana dal, Coriander Leaves, Red Chily Powder, Black Salt,Amoohar Powder, Black Pepper Powder, Chat Masala, Salt,Garam Masala and saute it for 5 minutes.
- Keep the mixture aside.
NOTE: Do not boil Chana Dal in a pressure cooker otherwise it will become soggy.
- Cut the edges of the bread.Dip the Bread Slices in water and squeeze out extra water.
- In a bowl take mashed potatoes, bread slices, corn flour and make a soft dough.
- Apply little water onto your Palm take a larg quantity from the dough into your palm.Roll them into a ball. Press in the center and add Chana Dal mixture to it.
- Put a little of the Chana dal mixture in the centre of each circle
- Roll them into a ball again , covering the dal filling completely. Press it lightly.
- Similarly prepare more with the remaining Potato and Chana dal filling.
- Deep fry in hot oil till brown and crispy.Keep it aside.
- Your Aloo tikkis are ready.
- Take one alloo tikki in serving plate. Make a big hole in the centre.
- Add Green and Sweet Chutney
- Add finely chopped onions
Finelly add the Sev onto the top.
Your Aloo tikki is ready.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cookin time: 20-25 minutes