DAL BATIIngredients for Bati
Whole wheat flour: 2 cups
Semolina (Sooji):1/2 cup
Ghee, melted : ½ cup
Baking Powder: a pinch
Salt to taste
Water for Kneading
Ingredients for Dal
Arhar dal: 1/2 cup
Chana dal:1/2 cup
Moong Dal: 1 cup
Onions, chopped finely : 1cup
Tomatoes, chopped finely : 3/4th cup
Ginger-garlic paste : 1 tsp
Garam Masala powder : 2 tsp
Red Chilly powder : 2 tsp
Turmeric powder : 1 tsp
Green chilies, finally chopped: 2 tsp
Coriander leaves, chopped finely : ½ cup
Ghee : 4 tsp · Oil
Salt to taste
- Knead a soft dough with flour, semolina, ghee, Ajwin, Jeera, baking powder salt and just enough water
- Roll into lemon-sized balls. Cover and keep for 15 minute.
- Heat the electronic tandoor for 5 min
- Now roast these baatis in batches in tandoor till puffed and golden outside and spongy inside for 15-20 min. keep hot.
- Arrange the baatis on a serving plate break and pour melted ghee on the baatis
- Soak the three dal for 2 hours seperately.
- Take dal in pressure cooker; add water, turmeric powder and salt.
- Pressures cook the dal till it becomes soft.
- In a blender take tomato, green chilies, ginger and blend it to a fine puree.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil. Add Jeera, onions. Brown them.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and tomatoes puree.
- Fry and add all the masalas, beans salt. Simmer till well blended. The gravy should be thick.
- Add cooked dal and mix it well and allow it to simmer for few more minutes.
- Your dal is ready.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Dip hot baatis in the dal while eating