Ingredients: Potato: 5 Tomato: 3 (finely chopped). Mustard Seeds: ½ tsp Cumin Seeds: ½ tsp Saunf: ½ tsp Turmeric Powder: 1 tsp Coriander Powder: ½ tsp Cumin Powder: ½ tsp Saunf Powder: ½ tsp Garam Masala: ½ tsp Green Chilles paste: 1 tsp Sugar: 2 tsp Water: 2 cups Salt: as required Oil: for cooking METHOD:
- Half boiled the potato. Cut them into dices
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, saunf.Once they start crackling add chopped tomatoes and cook it covered for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugar, salt and ½ cup of water and cook till the tomatoes are well cooked.
- Add all the masalas and cook till oil separates from the gravy.
- Add the potatoes and mix well so that the masala are coated all over the potatoes.
- Fry it on a high flame for 1 minute
- Add the remaining water. Cover the lid and cook on a low flame for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook for another 5-8 minutes or till the potatoes are done.
- Garish With cream.
- Serve with rice or chapatti Serves: 4-5 Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 20-25 minutes